Chatham Football Club
Flag Football Program
(All Dates and Times Tentative for 2019 Season)
All sessions to be held on the turf at Shunpike Field
- The 2019 season will start on Monday Sept 9th- November 16th (10 weeks)
- We will playing on Mondays OR Thursday AND Saturdays (Two days a week)
- Times 630-745pm on weekdays and 9-1145 on Saturdays.
- The Junior Varisty (3rd graders) play at 9-1015am and on Thursdays.
- The Varsity plays at 10:30-1145 on Saturdays and Mondays at 630.
- Two teams will play their game each week on Thursday
- Two teams will play their game on 9am on Saturday
- One team will have a bye each weekday and Saturday
- Our first game will be September 14th
- For the first week (and possibly the second) we will practicing on Monday & Thursday. In those first week (or two- depending on how they progress) we will play games on only the Saturday. From then on out, each team will play a game on EITHER Monday or Thursday AND also on Saturday (this is a change from last year when we only practiced during the week). There will be no practices weeks 2-10.
- The Junior Varsity League (3rd graders) will play their weekday games on Thursday evenings and Saturdays at 9-10:15am
- The Varsity Leagues (4th-5th) will be playing their weekday games on Monday evenings and Saturdays at 10:30-noon. One Varisty team each weekday and Saturday will be on a bye. One Varsity game will be played each week on a Thursday and one at the earlier time slot.
Who: Open to 3 (Junior Varsity) & 4-5 graders (Varsity)
When: 8-10 Week program starting Saturday after Labor Day.
Where: All sessions take place on turf at Shunpike field.
Cost: $75 per child
Mission Statement: To safely teach the basic skills of football in a fun environment emphasizing sportsmanship, self-esteem, and healthy competition.
Our goals: Have fun, exhibit great sportsmanship, be great teammates, hustle and never give up.
Skill Development: The Chatham High School coaching staff has put together a developmental skill program geared towards younger kids that will create the building blocks for fundamentally sound Chatham football players. Many of the drills, warm up, formations, and terminology are the same that all Chatham football players use from 3rd grade – 12th grade use. The two weeknight practices will be used primarily for skills and drills associated with all football positions. The games on Saturday will emphasize fun and allow all players to play all positions.
Volunteer Coaches: Anyone interested in coaching should contact Matt Baum at email@example.com. The HS coaching staff will be holding a coach the coaches session and if interested can attend other football coaching clinics as well.
Team Formation: First Saturday session will be a player evaluation. This evaluation will be used to split the teams as evenly as possible.
Equipment: Only equipment needed is a mouthpiece. Cleats are strongly recommended.
please contact Chatham Football Club at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.